A career with us is more than just a job. It is an opportunity to serve the public, protect and preserve public health, and enhance the quality of life of our ratepayers. We offer challenging and fulfilling careers for talented individuals who are passionate about their work, committed to making a difference, and interested in working in a team environment.
From our competitive benefits program and comprehensive training program to a Health and Safety program whose goal is zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a career with us to be the best opportunity of your life.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
Employment applications are accepted for current openings only. Interested applicants should submit a completed application, cover letter, and resume. Failure to submit a completed application may lead to disqualification from the selection process. All applications will be reviewed and the most qualified candidates will be invited to interview for the position. All employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug screening (safety-sensitive positions).
Click on the link below to access our employment application.
All positions are open until filled unless indicated otherwise. Please submit your application materials to:
Mail: 6830 NE 185th Street, Kenmore WA 98028
- Type:Regular Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$5,304 - $7,106 per month
- Posted Date:10/24/2017 1:49 PM
- Deadline to Apply:11/22/2017
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (SAOR):
Works under general supervision to lead a work crew in carrying out various programs to maintain and operate all components of the District's water distribution and sewage collection systems. An incumbent is expected to have advanced journeyman level of operating, diagnostic, and leadership skills for all aspects of SAOR and is proficient in the use of resources to maximize efficiency. Responds to non-routine inquiries and system emergencies. Assists with planning and prioritization. Responsible for job site safety; provides technical advice; and coordinates to work effectively with others to achieve planned objectives.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Performs/constructs/maintains/repairs the following:
- Electrical control systems (telemetry)
- Meters: reading, installations, and customer inquiry response
- Fire hydrants
- Water and sewer pump stations
- Control valves
- Cross-connection control
- FOG program
- Inflow and infiltration program (smoke and die testing)
- Water quality program - sampling and flushing
- Water service and water main installations
- Manhole and valve program
- Water and sewer mainline cleaning
- Video pipeline inspections
Determines the required equipment, materials and the work crew with the necessary skills based on the work order. Assembles the same and assesses the conditions of work sites for proper layout/approach of safe and efficient work.
Organizes and directs the on-site activities of work crews; trains and assigns specific tasks to crew members.
Performs maintenance; replaces major and minor installations as a member of the work crew; operates jetting and vacuuming truck, dump truck, loader, trailers, backhoes, power and hand tools and other construction equipment.
Oversees the layout of barricades, warning signs and other public safety devices; checks for hazardous conditions; observes/instructs workers on safety practices and determines if contractors are meeting state safety standards.
Inspects the work of assigned staff for adherence to standards and instructions; plans/executes corrective actions as needed; makes recommendations to supervisors on personnel actions (probation, performance appraisals, etc.)
Works with developers/contractors to coordinate installations of water/sewer facilities; responds to on-site inquires and confers with property owners and contractors regarding work.
Reports suspected or noticeable safety problems to the superiors; requests oiling/greasing, and other routine maintenance and repairs as needed; recommends the purchase of equipment.
Prepares incident/accident reports, and work orders, logs daily work activities.
Works effectively with customers to obtain favorable outcomes.
Practices safety in traffic control and work practices.
Emergency response and repairs.
Responds to unusual customer service calls.
Stand-by and/or other duties as assigned.
- In-depth understanding of almost all aspects of the SAOR
- Proficient in planning for equipment, material and personnel needs
- Ability to coach, train and supervise a work crew
- Understanding of appropriate safety rules and safe working methods
- Communication (fluent English, clear writing and interpersonal) skills as applied to working with co-workers, supervisor, the general public, etc.
- High school diploma or GED
- Satisfies the District's requirements for a Utility Worker-Senior
- 4 years experience as Utility Worker-Senior or proven skill level as validated by the M&O Director or his designee
- 2 years of direct industry related work experience
- Complete a minimum of 40 hours of leadership training
- Valid Washington State Driver's License
- Washington State Commercial Driver's License - Class A with Tanker endorsement
- WDM-II - Water Distribution Manager - Washington State
- WWC-II - Waste Water Collections Certification - Non State
- Cross-connection Control Specialist Certification - to be obtained within one year in this position
- Complete FEMA ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700 and 800 training within one year in this position
- Reliable and regular attendance, ability to work harmoniously with other employees
- Must reside within 30 miles of District Headquarters
Most work is performed outdoors exposed to traffic hazards and may be at high elevations or deep in underground vaults. Nights and odd hours in response to emergencies is required. This position typically requires: fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, bending, crawling, lifting, pushing and pulling and repetitive motions. Lifting in excess of 90 pounds of weight to move and operate necessary tools and equipment.
CLOSING DATE: November 22, 2017
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and application to: HRA@nud.net
Competitive Benefits Package