A career with us is more than just a job. It is an opportunity to serve the public, protect and preserve public health, and enhance the quality of life of our ratepayers. We offer challenging and fulfilling careers for talented individuals who are passionate about their work, committed to making a difference, and interested in working in a team environment.
From our competitive benefits program and comprehensive training program to a Health and Safety program whose goal is zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a career with us to be the best opportunity of your life.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
Employment applications are accepted for current openings only. Interested applicants should submit a completed application, cover letter, and resume. Failure to submit a completed application may lead to disqualification from the selection process. All applications will be reviewed and the most qualified candidates will be invited to interview for the position. All employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug screening (safety-sensitive positions).
Click on the link below to access our employment application.
All positions are open until filled unless indicated otherwise. Please submit your application materials to:
Mail: 6830 NE 185th Street, Kenmore WA 98028
SEASONAL UTILITY WORKER
- Salary/Pay Rate:$15.00 per hour
- Posted Date:10/24/2017
- Deadline to Apply:11/22/2017 12:00 AM
Please email cover letter, resume, and application to: HRA@nud.net.
STATUS: TEMPORARY - FLSA Non-Exempt/Non PERS
DEPARTMENT: Fleet and Facilities or Operations
This position will assist with routine maintenance for the offices, grounds and vehicles; painting of fire hydrants; GPS locating of water and sewer meters; and general maintenance of District Facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Landscaping clean-up, pruning, edging, weeding, picking up piles of vegetation, and vegetation control
- Perform mowing and edging in and around District facilities
- Painting fire hydrants
- Accurately locate and collect attribute information for every water and sewer meter within the District using Trimble GPS
- Assists with cleaning, washing, and fueling District vehicles as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of equipment and tools to maintain District facilities
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with District personnel
- Ability to operate hand and power tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Experience with manual tools and shovel
- Ability to interact with the public in an effective and customer friendly manner
- Ability to understand, read, and speak English
- Adherence to District Policies and Procedures
- Ability to work well with others, stay on task, and take direction from Supervisor
- Must work well independently, be highly detail oriented, and highly productive
- Ability to drive a District vehicle and operate equipment
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Valid Washington State Driver's License
Duties are primarily performed in the field with the maintenance crews where there is exposure to varying weather conditions, automobile traffic, hazards from operating various hand and power tools and equipment, loud noises, and noxious fumes. Duties involve exposure to various cleaning agents and solvents. Groundskeeper positions primarily work in and around the offices and grounds. Work requires travel to various work sites throughout the District.
This position regularly requires climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Candidate will be required to exert up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force consistently to move and/or transfer objects to different locations.