A career with us is more than just a job. It is an opportunity to serve the public, protect and preserve public health, and enhance the quality of life of our ratepayers. We offer challenging and fulfilling careers for talented individuals who are passionate about their work, committed to making a difference, and interested in working in a team environment.
From our competitive benefits program and comprehensive training program to a Health and Safety program whose goal is zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a career with us to be the best opportunity of your life.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
Employment applications are accepted for current openings only. Interested applicants should submit a completed application, cover letter, and resume. Failure to submit a completed application may lead to disqualification from the selection process. All applications will be reviewed and the most qualified candidates will be invited to interview for the position. All employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug screening (safety-sensitive positions).
Click on the link below to access our employment application.
All positions are open until filled unless indicated otherwise. Please submit your application materials to:
Mail: 6830 NE 185th Street, Kenmore WA 98028
- Type:Regular Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$4,958 to $6,643 per month
- Posted Date:12/28/2017 10:30 AM
- Deadline to Apply:02/16/2018
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (SAOR):
Responsible for the independent review, oversight and documentation of new and rehabilitated water and sewer system facilities constructed as Capital Improvements, developer extensions or private service extensions. Ensures compliance with District standards, specifications, permitting requirements, other contract conditions, and applicable codes and regulations. Interacts effectively with contractors, customers and the general public. Reviews design plans, contract specifications, and base maps. Attends design review meetings. Reads, interprets, and applies codes, ordinances, and regulations governing water supply and distribution systems and sanitary sewage collection systems. Performs and interprets the results of construction field tests, maintains accurate construction records and interprets plans and specifications. Resolves complex or potentially controversial issues with assistance from the project engineer or Engineering Supervisor.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Construction inspection, observation and approval of water and sewer utility construction to ensure compliance with contract documents, standard details, specifications, permitting requirements, applicable codes and regulations
- Prepares and maintains daily inspection records
- Prepares construction record drawings
- Works with IT-GIS Specialist to update District basemaps
- Assists with the preparation of design documents by reviewing design plans, attending design review meetings, field-checking basemap information and video-documents existing field conditions prior to construction.
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of the District's operations as a water and sewer utility
- Knowledgeable about water distribution and wastewater collection system construction practices
- Proficient in reading and interpreting civil engineering drawings
- Proficient in creating detailed and orderly construction record drawings and reports
- Proficient in understanding general survey information
- Working knowledge of mathematics and organization skills as related to project work
- Basic understanding of land-use regulations and the development process
- Basic understanding of legal concepts about land rights such as easements
- Basic understanding of legal descriptions and public record recording
- Ability to work independently or with supervision/instructions
- Communication (oral and interpersonal) skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, contractors, supervisor, the general public, etc. An incumbent in the position must be able to deal tactfully, courteously, and effectively with a variety of people in person, on the phone, and via e-mail.
- Flexibility in accepting assignments
- A two-year college degree in Civil Engineering Technology preferred, or a similar approved degree, with major course work in math, surveying and/or engineering
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, other commercial software, voicemail system, etc.
- Five years of underground utility construction experience or construction inspection experience
- Valid Washington State Driver's License
- Reliable and regular attendance, and the ability to work harmoniously with other employees
- Must reside within 30 miles of District offices
Most work is performed outdoors (construction sites) with some indoors office environment. May need to climb water towers or enter underground vaults. Driving will be required. Nights and odd hours in response to emergencies may be required. This position typically requires: walking/climbing at construction sites, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
**Please email cover letter, resume, and application to: HRA@nud.net **