A career with us is more than just a job. It is an opportunity to serve the public, protect and preserve public health, and enhance the quality of life of our ratepayers. We offer challenging and fulfilling careers for talented individuals who are passionate about their work, committed to making a difference, and interested in working in a team environment.
From our competitive benefits program and comprehensive training program to a Health and Safety program whose goal is zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a career with us to be the best opportunity of your life.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
Employment applications are accepted for current openings only. Interested applicants should submit a completed application, cover letter, and resume. Failure to submit a completed application may lead to disqualification from the selection process. All applications will be reviewed and the most qualified candidates will be invited to interview for the position. All employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug screening (safety-sensitive positions).
Click on the link below to access our employment application.
All positions are open until filled unless indicated otherwise. Please submit your application materials to:
Mail: 6830 NE 185th Street, Kenmore WA 98028
ENGINEERING INSPECTOR - SENIOR
- Type:Regular Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$5,448 to $7,298 per month
- Posted Date:02/28/2018
- Deadline to Apply:03/30/2018
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (SAOR):
Responsible for review, oversight and thorough documentation of new and rehabilitated water and sewer system facilities constructed as Capital Improvements, developer extensions or private service extensions. Ensures compliance with District standards, specifications, permitting, contracts, applicable codes, policies, BMP’s and regulations. Appropriately and effectively communicates with project engineers, customers, contractors, regulatory agencies, coworkers, and the general public. Actively participates in preconstruction and design meetings. Reads and accurately interprets design plans and mapping records. Possesses knowledge of, and adherence to, codes, policies, procedures, BMP’s, resolutions, ordinances, and regulations related to drinking water distribution and sanitary sewage collection systems. Competently performs field testing and accurately interprets results. Accurately updates and maintains construction logs and records. Anticipates and appropriately resolves complex and sensitive issues within an assigned area of responsibility as determined by the Engineering Supervisor or the Engineering Director.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Coordinates with other utilities and regulatory agencies regarding permit requirements
- Tracks quantities, thoroughly reviews and recommends pay requests for capital projects
- Construction inspection, observation and approval of water and sewer utility construction to ensure compliance with standard details, specifications, permitting requirements, applicable codes and regulations.
- Prepares and maintains daily inspection records.
- Prepares punch list and ensures all items are corrected.
- Recommends approval and acceptance of projects when all construction is completed.
- Closely coordinates and communicates with the Operations Department.
- Prepares construction record drawings.
- Works with IT-GIS Specialist to update District mapping records.
- Assists with the preparation of design documents by reviewing design plans, attending design review meetings, field-checking basemap information and video-documenting existing field conditions prior to construction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of the District’s operations as a water and sewer utility.
- Knowledgeable about water distribution and wastewater collection system construction practices.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting civil engineering drawings.
- Proficient in creating detailed and orderly construction record drawings and reports.
- Proficient in understanding general survey information.
- Working knowledge of mathematics and organization skills as related to project work.
- Reasonable understanding of land-use regulations and the development process.
- Understanding of legal concepts about land rights such as easements.
- Reasonable understanding of legal descriptions and public record recordings.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Ability to openly receive instruction and feedback from others.
- Communication (oral and interpersonal) skills as applied to interaction with project engineers, co-workers, customers, contractors, outside agencies, Supervisors, and the general public.. An incumbent in this position must be able to deal tactfully, courteously, and effectively with a variety of people in person, on the phone and via e-mail.
- Flexibility in accepting assignments.
Experience / Education:
- A two-year college degree in Civil Engineering Technology, or a similar approved degree, with major course work in math, surveying and/or engineering.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, other commercial software, voicemail system, etc.
- Eight years of underground utility construction or inspection experience.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Possess or the ability to obtain the following within the first twelve months of employment:
- Industrial First Aid Card
- Flagger Card
- Asbestos Cement Pipe Certificate
- Wastewater Collections Specialist I OIT Certificate (Operator-In-Training)
- Water Distribution Manager I OIT Certificate (Operator-In-Training)
- The ability to obtain the following within the first two years of employment:
- Cross Connection Control Specialist Certificate
- Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead Certificate (CESCL)
Reliable and regular attendance, and the ability to work harmoniously with other employees.
Most work is performed outdoors (construction sites) with some indoors office environment. May need to climb water towers or enter underground vaults. Driving will be required. Nights and odd hours in response to emergencies may be required. This position typically requires: walking/climbing at construction sites, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
** PLEASE EMAIL COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND APPLICATION TO HRA@NUD.NET **