WATER QUALITY LINKS
Seattle Public Utilities (our water provider) links:
NUD Water Quality additional info
After the water reaches our District, Northshore takes the following measures to ensure that it remains clean and pure:
- Each year all of our water main lines (over two hundred miles) are flushed to remove any sediment build-up.
- All new water lines are disinfected, flushed and sampled before they are brought into service.
- Our water is tested approximately every three days by Seattle Public Utilities for coliform bacteria.
- All reservoirs (water storage units) are equipped with telemetry systems that continuously monitor chlorine residuals and pH. Lake Forest Park monitors turbidity.
- All reservoirs are drained and disinfected on a regular schedule.
- There is a water quality coordinator on staff who monitors water quality.
- The District maintains an active Cross-Connection control program.
- Older steel pipelines have been removed and replaced with ductile iron pipe, which is more resistant to rusting and leaking.
If you have questions about water quality you may call or email our Water Quality Office at (425) 398-4419, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Water Quality FAQ
Click HERE for answers to most common questions about water quality.
Water Quality Reports
Click HERE for the current Water Quality Report.